This guide provides basic steps for installing the necessary Windows Server 2012 operating system prerequisites for the Microsoft Exchange 2013 Mailbox and Client Access server roles on a single Windows 2012 Server.
This guide comes with comprehensive functional components that are required to deploy Exchange 2013 and based on practical design principles that have been tested by Mr Sibanda in our lab environment.
NB: For Microsoft Exchange 2013, there have been major architectural changes to the Exchange server roles. Instead of the five server roles that were present in Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010, in Exchange 2013, the number of server roles has been reduced to two: the Client Access server and the Mailbox server.
This guide is for administrators who install, configure, and It assumes that you have the following skills and knowledge:
Assumed Knowledge and proficiency in the following Microsoft server technologies:
• Active Directory Domain Services
• Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
• Microsoft Exchange 2010/2007/2003/2000 or 5.5
• Microsoft Networking
• Windows PowerShell
Before you being to install Exchange 2013 make sure that your Active Directory Environment meets the following requirements:
The functional level of your forest is at least Windows Server 2003, and that the schema master is running Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 or later.
• Your Windows 2012 Server OS is indeed fully installed and no stories.
• IP Address Statically Assigned.
• You must first join the server to the appropriate internal Active Directory forest and domain.
• For security reasons, Install the latest Windows updates on your Windows 2012 Server.
After you’re satisfied with the listed above, complete the following steps to install the Remote Tools Administration Pack. After you’ve installed the Remote Tools Administration Pack you’ll be able to use the server to prepare Active Directory.
1. Open Windows PowerShell in Run as Administrator mode, and run the following command.
This action installs
2. The Remote Tools Administration Pack.